- Submission of Department/Division Review Results to Academic Registrar's Team : Wednesday, Dec. 31, 2014
C. Conditions for Readmission
o No more than 3 years from the date of dropout or expulsion
o Those falling under the following categories cannot apply for readmission.
- Those expelled due to expiration of the academic program time limit (applicable to students who entered KAIST in 2008 or before)
- Those expelled due to expiration of the academic program time limit or
expelled or dropped out after extending the academic program time limit
(applicable to students who entered KAIST in 2009 or onward)
※The suspension period (3 years) does not include time taken for military
service or medical treatment. (Attach supporting documents)
o Readmission is possible after 2 semesters including the semester of
dropping out or expulsion.
D. Readmission Application and Review Process
Dean of Student Affairs and
E. Recommendation for Readmission by Department/Division
A three-member review committee consisting of the advisor, department/division head, and department/division professor or a department/division-related committee will evaluate the candidate on academic capacity, remaining number of
semesters, and possibility of graduation based on the advisor's opinion on
readmission and future study plan. For undergraduate students, the Dean of
Student Affairs and Policy will interview the recommended candidate and results
will be announced through the Academic/Research Review Committee.
※ Students who did not belong to any department at the time of
dropping out or expulsion must be reviewed by a department of choice.
F.Required Documents for Readmission
1) Application for Readmission (prescribed form)
2) Future Study Plan (prescribed form)
3) Opinion of Advisor on Readmission (prescribed form)
4) Recommendation for Readmission (prescribed form)
5) Academic Transcript
6) Proof of military service or medical condition as outlined in
Article 55-5 of Academic Regulations (if applicable)
oPreviously earned credits will be automatically recognized
without any separate procedure.
oRequirements for graduation will be unchanged from the date of
oThe prescribed time limit of the readmitted student will be
counted from the date of initial admission.
oStudents readmitted after expulsion will be expelled upon